Great East Japan Earthquake that occurred on March 11, which was ahead just before the full-scale recruitment.Reduction of 2012 new graduates count was concern initially from the impact, but the college recruitment plan number with a focus on large companies in fact show an increasing trend with (Nikkei Inc. survey) up 13.7% in ’11 spring ratio roast.It’s behind the adoption willingness of companies did not slow down, the baby boomer generation, which has been continued employment after retirement to retire from the labor market in large quantities it’s “2012 problem”.Speaking of mass retirement of the baby-boom generation, to remember hiring of new graduates has expanded the “2007 problem”, but I wonder what the difference is an issue in this time and at that time.And, future, 2012 issue what effect the labor market, companies, individuals.For some time, Keio University Professor Yoshio Higuchi, which has been concerned about the “2012 problem” reveals the future development of the essence of the problem.(Interviewer / Diamond Online Hayashi Kyoko)
Higuchi, Yoshio / Faculty of Business and Commerce, Keio University Professor.The University School of Commerce length.Born in Tochigi.Faculty of Business and Commerce, Keio University graduate.Keio University Graduate School of Commerce Ph.D., Doctor of Commercial Science.Through the Stanford University and Visiting Fellow,, incumbent. To serve the National Life Finance Corporation Research Institute length from April 2005 to September 2008, the Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry Faculty Fellow until March 2007.Some “employment structure and the Japanese economy” (Toyo Keizai Inc.), “The Economics of unemployment and employment” and (Nihon Keizai Shimbun) to book.
Photo by Toshiaki Usami
– Despite the Great East Japan Earthquake occurred in March, recruitment plan and the number ratio of job offers to college with a focus on large companies remains undiminished.In the background, what reason or possible.
I also felt that it is better-than-expected growth, but it will be able to think about for two reasons.And by early improvement economic outlook of demand due to the earthquake reconstruction of early autumn, and one is of the baby-boom generation to compensate for young employees has continued to decrease due to the suppression of new graduates, we have been re-employment after retirement It’s because they prepare for the mass retirement.
Just say recruitment plan is to match the number of actual adoption, doubts about it.If you like bubble period, also tended to be such as to ensure the number even lower the quality to determine if it is less than on the number of recruitment plan, to the “number of people ADJUST”.Recently, however, companies that abort the adoption and even not reach the capacity of the planned, carefully select the quality has increased.Because by increasing the ratio of job, job market may not be a seller’s market, it should be noted that point.
– With the mass retirement of the baby-boom generation, which is called the “2007 problem”, new graduates ratio of job offers increased substantially, in ’08, in ’09 and reached 2.14 times the bubble period since (Recruit Works Institute is ” ratio of job offers to college Survey “).This year, the ratio of job offers to new graduates has risen again, but what was not sufficient in the countermeasure of the time.
(May Membership to the diamond online is required) here continues
■ Related Articles
– It’s become a “manager island farming” is only three hundred now! In fact, winners of the modern “neat”?
· The form of new business and most small global, – Real Fleet Chairman Mr. Kodera Kei “amadana (amadana)” Part of 
· Bridge of small and medium-sized enterprises and the lost baby boomers! May have hidden a great success in the “Directory adviser”
-Surprising side effects companies that “restraint nomination” the 2012 graduate student brought the hiring of new graduates postponed by one after another? Earthquake
• This is terrible Yarusena, Asuhawagami -.Reality senior employees called “Chaozhou group” to shake